Apple’s WWDC 2022 keynote event has covered everything from the latest iOS 16, iPadOS 16, watchOS 9, macOS Ventura and also MacBook Air 2022. Here, we have wrapped up everything in a simple overview note.
- The upcoming iPhone software upgrade will bring a fully customizable lock screen which enables users to modify a variety of design elements for a more personalization look by adding more widgets to the lock screen. Users can build many Lock Screens by effortlessly swiping between them.
- iMessages allows you to edit and delete send messages and even mark messages to recall texts, you’ll also be able to watch SharePlay films from within Apple’s messaging application.
- Live text – detects text in photos and it allows you to translate and replace text in a foreign language.
- Apple Pay – new service that lets people pay for purchases in four instalments over six weeks without interest rate and it can be completed using Apple Pay Later.
- Family sharing – easier to manage accounts for kids, This includes to set age-appropriate restrictions, parental controls like Quick Start, Screen Time requests in Messages, and a Family Checklist tool that reminds users to assess parental controls.
- iCloud Shared Photo Library – Allows up to six family members to have access to a shared photo library. When you take a picture, you can choose whether it goes into the shared library or just your own.
- Safety Check – monitor and update any access granted to other users, allowing you to instantly control and remove access, reset privacy and secure message access, and cease sharing location data.
- On iPad, it supports multitasking and manages collaboration tasks with other teammates way more efficiently. For instance, a Freeform application enables a shared whiteboard for group brainstorming and allows others to monitor the updates in real time.
- There are four new faces – Lunar, Playtime, Metropolitan, and Astronomy in watchOS 9 that let users personally style each face.
- The Workout app has been upgraded with more specific performance stats to help you reach your fitness goals and custom workouts allow you to work and rest during a workout, while Heart Rate Zones help measure the intensity of a workout. Additionally, it allows users to track their sleep insight with the new sleep stages feature which will appear in the sleep app when waking up.
- Stage Manager enables you to focus by putting inactive apps on the side and the current active app in the middle.
- Continuity Camera lets macOS users utilize iPhones as webcams where it automatically uses the iPhone’s camera when it’s close.
- For the Mail app, shortly after sending an email, users will be able to undo the action by using the Undo Send feature. Also, users can now schedule emails and add follow-up reminders.
- Passkeys have been introduced in Safari to enhance security and are way more secure than passwords. It’s a unique digital key that never gets kept on a web server.
MacBook Air 2022
- Apples unveiled the revamped MacBook Air 2022 in the same event, powered by M2 chipset where it forecasts CPU improvements of up to 40 percent compared to the MacBook Pro M1. It has a 13.6 inch liquid retina display in a more lighter and compact design at just 11.3mm thick.
- Apple claimed to have provided a slim charger with two USB-C ports that comes with a fast charge feature where it is able to reach 50% in 30 minutes charging time.
- Features a 1080p for the front facing camera which its resolution is expected to be improved twice and able to offer a better performance in low light setting.
Update : According to the Apple website, MacBook Pro 2022 will be available in Malaysia by next month. Supercharged by the latest Apple M2 chip, and comes with two variants of storage – 256GB SSD storage listed at RM5,499 while 512GB SSD storage listed at RM6,699.